Inbound Challenges: A Head of Tax Discussion
Doug McHoney, PwC’s International Tax Services Global Leader, is at PwC’s Global Transfer Pricing Conference in Berlin, Germany, joined by Omri Yaniv, Global Head of Tax at Amdocs Ltd, based in Tel Aviv. Omri is a former PwC partner, and the first Tax VP from a non-US-parented company to appear on the podcast. Doug and Omri discuss the three pillars of Omri’s job, Amdocs’ tax department, the accounting talent war, recent global tax changes, and the potential changes on the horizon.
- 2:10 - What does Omri’s position as Global Head of Tax at Amdocs entail?
- 5:50 - What does the tax department look like at a multinational corporation like Amdocs?
- 7:30- How has Omri dealt with the ‘talent war’ of the past few years?
- 11:45 - How does the tax department fit together with the finance, accounting, and treasury offices at Amdocs?
- 15:10 - What is the relationship between tax and business operations, particularly in the financial sector?
- 17:30 - How important is it for a tax leader to understand the business model when tax planning?
- 21:15 - How did the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) and other US tax changes affect Amdocs?
- 24:35 - In addition to the US tax law changes, how has Omri dealt with all the additional compliance requirements from global tax changes over the last few years?
- 26:45 - What is Omri’s view on Pillar Two, particularly the new data that will be required for compliance?
- 30.40 - How will Pillar Two affect Israel's ability to attract business?
- 34:15 - Finally, what does Omri look for in a trusted advisor?
View full podcast series