Managing HR costs during mergers and acquisitions
Research shows most mergers and acquisitions don't live up to their potential.
Much of the shortfall is due to a lack of attention to human resource issues. The cost of a transaction can increase substantially as a result of the unknown costs of off-balance sheet and un-accrued costs. Costs include future pensions, benefits and compensation liabilities, as well as unaccounted for human resource problems. These issues can mean the difference between a profitable or costly acquisition.
Our team of professionals address people issues at every step of the transaction; from strategy development through due diligence to post-integration.
- We help develop a pre-transaction strategy and offer optimal structuring options
- We revise plans, policies, demographic and financial information with respect to your employee compensation and benefit programs
- We work with our deal teams to ensure all HR issues are addressed
- We help complete a successful transaction and smooth assimilation of employees and transition plans
- We develop HR strategy, create new rewards and integrate workforce and programs
- We help develop and implement the strategies to put people and processes in place to manage new HR programs for a spin-off company and its parent
- We will help you effectively communicate to management and staff
Contact a professional in your area to discuss your unique HR concerns.