Income and franchise tax
As states continue to change their income tax filing requirements, businesses must stay abreast of and comply with these evolving standards. From nexus analyses and apportionment studies, managing tax controversies, negotiating voluntary disclosures, to undertaking multistate return reviews, analyzing interest add-back and safe-harbor provisions, and facilitating compliance with ASC 740, companies must navigate an increasingly complex environment.
Tackling your issues, identifying opportunities, and moving ideas from paper into action
- Revenue Agent Reporting (RAR)/ Amended Return System (ARS): Prepare, review, and file state amended income tax returns relating to federal audits. Leverage data, perform calculations, produce reports, facilitate the review process, and deliver the final return and report packages.
- Audit Defense /Controversy: Develop favorable solutions to your income/franchise tax controversies.
- Quantitative Solutions (QS): Assist with complex calculations and provide a better view into ‘what if’ scenarios to help companies make more informed decisions.
- Reverse Income Tax Audit (RITA): Conduct a state reverse income tax audit that may help your company identify savings opportunities and gain compliance efficiencies.
- Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A): Provide a spectrum of tax advisory services across all industries, at each stage of the M&A process.
- Income tax planning: Favorably align tax solutions with your business strategy.
- Inbound Companies: Explore the multistate tax issues for non-US companies operating in the United States.
- State Tax Compliance: Deploy a co-/outsourced multistate compliance approach that embeds value added insights into the compliance cycle. Enable the process with consistency and technology that provides visibility and control for better risk management and real-time reporting, as well as business decision support. Mitigate the risk of scarce resources and inconsistent processes with state tax compliance specialists who understand state and local laws, enabling you to better align your resources with emerging tax matters.