For us to deliver quality service and value to our clients—what we call the PwC Experience—we need our people to have a similar experience here at the firm. Part of that experience is recognizing and rewarding staff impact and progression in innovative and competitive ways. Career satisfaction is focused on more than money—it’s also about having great client opportunities, learning and developing, building relationships, and being recognized for your accomplishments. But most of all, it’s about feeling supported as you strive to achieve your own goals and grow your career.
We offer innovative and inspiring ways to reward our people and we are transparent in the way we talk with our people about pay. Our total rewards package is aimed to deliver the value needed to meet staff’s needs beyond just base compensation.
Through our compensation strategy, PwC strives to provide you with a compensation package that surpasses what our competitors offer, through a combination of salary, bonus opportunities, recognition awards, and non-monetary awards and benefits. This balanced approach results in a compensation program that aims to deliver value with depth and breadth to meet your needs and the firm's needs on a number of different levels.
Student Loan Paydown (SLP)
A first of a kind benefit to help staff pay down their student loan debt
At PwC, we’re always seeking unique ways to improve the financial wellness of our people. We want to make sure you get your career off to a financially healthy start. To do so, PwC is offering a new employee benefit to help reduce your student loan debt. PwC is the first in the industry to offer this type of benefit.
How it works:
As a participating associate or senior associate, the benefit will pay $1,200 a year towards your loan. Over time, this may help reduce your student loan principal and interest obligation by as much as $10,000, and shorten your loan payoff period by up to three years.
How much will you pay? How will PwC’s benefit impact you?
Use this student loan impact calculator to help you see the impact a higher monthly payment can have on shortening the length of your loan and reducing the interest you will pay. See how the PwC $100 per month SLP payment will impact your student loan during the six-year period (if enrolled in the maximum allowed time for the benefit), and the impact on your loan if you continued that extra payment personally, once the benefit was exhausted. See how making additional payments each month will affect your loan’s payoff date.
Here is an example of how a new associate with a $35,000 loan, interest rate of 3.4%, and a term of 10 years may benefit from the SLP benefit of $100 per month payment. The example assumes the individual is enrolled for the maximum six-year benefit with PwC and continues the extra $100 payment per month on his/her own after year six.
1. In the top line of the Gradifi* calculator, insert “$35,000”, and an interest rate at “3.4%” for “10” years.
2. Move the monthly paydown rewards slide to $100.
Result: Over the 10-year period, this individual will save a total of $10,675. Interest saved is $1,675 and the time of the loan is reduced by two years, six months.
Why is PwC offering this benefit:
We see student loan debt as a major societal issue. The current state of student loans is troubling—$1.3 trillion of outstanding student loans, a $35,000 average loan balance for the class of 2015, and 40 million Americans with student debt—we need to start somewhere to help alleviate the burden.
For more information, click here.
Life and accident insurance
- Basic Group Term Life Insurance pays $20,000 to your beneficiary (ies) if you die.
- You may purchase Supplemental Life Insurance for yourself—from one to 10 times your salary. Dependent Life Insurance for your spouse/domestic partner (from $25,000 to $300,000 of coverage) and for your children ($5,000 or $10,000) is available if you choose coverage for yourself.
- Personal Liability Umbrella Insurance is available to managing directors, directors and senior managers. It provides comprehensive catastrophic liability coverage over and above certain limits of the bodily injury and property damage liability insurance the firm requires.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance for you, your spouse/domestic partner and your children is available. AD&D pays benefits in the event you (or your spouse/domestic partner or children) are seriously injured in or die from an accident.
- Business Travel Accident Insurance coverage of $400,000 is provided at no cost and pays a benefit if you die or are seriously injured while traveling on firm-approved business or while commuting to or from work.
This program can help you with a new mortgage, refinancing an existing mortgage and other home equity products.
Property and casualty insurance program
You may purchase group auto, home, boat, renters, condo, motorcycle, motor home insurance and more—payable through convenient payroll deductions.
Retirement and savings plans
- Save from 1% to 100% of eligible compensation on a pre- and/or post-tax basis in the 401(k) Savings Plan (if you are at least 21 years old; IRS limits apply). The firm offers a matching contribution on the first 6% of pay saved.
- Eligible staff are automatically enrolled in the Retirement Wealth Builder Plan (Wealth Builder) on their date of hire. The Wealth Builder contribution is funded completely by PwC, and the contribution formula is linked to participants' job levels and in some cases, benefits service with the US firm. New hires also receive a one-time Wealth Builder bonus contribution to jump start their retirement savings.
Through the Short-Term Disability (STD) Plan, you may receive STD benefits equivalent to 60% to 100% of your salary for up to 26 weeks if you have at least three months service and become disabled.
You may elect Long-Term Disability Plan coverage paying 60% (untaxed) of your base salary (up to $600,000); benefit payments start after 26 weeks of a covered disability, which are generally covered under the STD plan.
Student loan program
This program provides a wide range of education-financing options, including loans for private K-12 schools, undergraduate and graduate studies, technical and professional training, and education loan consolidation.
Group legal plan
You have access to a national network of more than 14,000 attorneys and you may receive fully covered legal services when you participate in this program.
Your base salary compensates you for the value you bring to the firm and for meeting our everyday high expectations. We offer base pay that is externally competitive, internally equitable and tied to performance.
Transparency around compensation and earnings potential
We provide information around how compensation is determined, who we compare ourselves against in the market, and how we use reliable salary data to make compensation decisions. We share individual salary ranges with our staff and talk about where each staff fits within that range and why. We discuss and provide details on what our staff's earning potential can be over the course of a career at PwC.
Our bonus programs provide recognition of your contributions with an enhanced and transparent performance bonus plan as well as many other elements.
Annual Performance Bonus - provides an opportunity for all eligible PwC staff to potentially share in the success of the firm—and increase their rewards through their strong individual performance and contributions.
Our performance bonus plan is based on firm, line of service, and individual performance. We provide quarterly updates on business progress against goals and how that progress will affect the bonus pool. We provide staff with more predictability on individual bonuses, while distinguishing our high performers.
Recognition of career achievement and commitment through milestone awards
We recognize our people as their careers progress for their contributions and loyalty by milestone awards. Through these awards, we celebrate success and achievements with extraordinary opportunities for personal and professional growth and rewards. Each reward has been specifically tailored to suit the milestone it celebrates and takes into consideration what people may value most at that phase of their career:
- Real-time Recognition - These awards demonstrate the sincere appreciation for the many things you do day-in and day-out, including highly exceptional discretionary effort and impact in providing internal and external client service that goes above and beyond the high expectations of your position.
- Credential Bonus – We offer significant incentives to those who obtain their CPA or other primary credential early, as well as reimbursement and educational programs to help you achieve this goal. For those taking and passing the CPA exam prior to starting or within your first year in Assurance or Tax at the firm, you may be eligible for a $5,000 bonus.
- Referral Rewards– Our success depends on imagination, motivation and the chance for each of us to grow our own way. Help us share the PwC experience with talented people you know in your personal and professional networks and you could receive a referral reward while supporting the firm.
- Educational support
- Supplemental learning – may be reimbursed for relevant external courses not offered at PwC
- Internal Learning & Development
- Becker CPA Review
Other rewards & benefits
- Well-being rewards
- PwC perks
Ten paid holidays each year.
- Full-time staff (other than management level) accrue 15 workdays per year; after two years of service, full time staff accrue 22 workdays per year
- Full-time management-level staff accrue 22 workdays per year
- Part-time benefits eligible staff accrue vacation time on a pro-rata basis
We think everyone deserves some time off to truly unplug and relax - or do something great! It's amazing what we can achieve when we don't have to worry about the demands of work. But how often does that happen? Even during the smoothest times, integrating life and work can be challenging enough.
That's why we created opportunities for everyone to unplug, relax and rejuvenate through a range of paid time off programs, including year-round "flex days", a generous vacation allowance of 22 days for full-time employees after two years, and firmwide extended holidays.
Firmwide extended holidays are not a substitute for vacation - they're a valuable opportunity to receive paid time off without the worry of checking email or meeting client demands, other than in exceptional circumstances.
Health care coverage
- PwC offers you the choice of three medical plans through UnitedHealthcare. Each plan provides the flexibility to access both network and non-network doctors and facilities. The premiums, deductibles and coinsurance vary depending on the plan. Preventive care is covered at 100% with network doctors in all three plans. In addition, a tax-efficient Health Savings Account is available with two of the plan options.
- Prescription drug benefits and physical exams are available through PwC's UnitedHealthcare medical plan options.
- Vision care coverage enables you to obtain services and purchase eyeglasses and lenses at reduced rates from more than 60,000 providers nationwide.
- The dental plan covers services ranging from diagnostic and preventive care to orthodontia treatment — all available from your choice of providers.
Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
You may contribute tax free dollars to the health care and/or dependent care flexible spending account(s). Then, get reimbursed tax-free from your account(s) for eligible uncovered health care/dependent care expenses.
Family and personal sick days
You may generally continue receiving your full salary when absent from work for five or fewer consecutive days due to illness, injury or medical treatment, or to care for a member of your immediate family.
Adoption assistance program
You may receive reimbursement of up to $5,000 for adoption-related expenses (up to $6,000 for a special-needs child).
Nursing Moms' Program
Access to educational materials and pre/post-birth counseling from nationally recognized lactation specialists are available through this program. Private mothers' rooms are also available in many of our offices.
Eligible new parents can choose, within the first year from birth or placement, between two different parental leave options: either a single six consecutive week block of paid time-off or a total of three weeks (15 days) of flexible paid time-off that can be used intermittently (e.g., in weeks or days). An additional two weeks is available to new parents with more than one new child on the same date, and/or an additional six weeks to staff who consider themselves to be the primary caregiver of a child newly placed for adoption or born via surrogate.
Leave of Absence Career Roundtable Option
This voluntary option allows some staff who have taken a substantial period of leave to “carry-over” his/her performance rating from the prior performance year.
This resource provides information, confidential assessments, and referrals on issues ranging from emotional well-being, financial problems, parenting and child care, to resources for seniors, and much more.
Emergency backup care reimbursement program
You may receive a monetary reimbursement for emergency child or elder care through this program.
Emergency backup childcare centers
When your regular child care arrangement is not available, access to backup childcare centers is available in various cities throughout the country.
International SOS program
This emergency medical, security, and medically-related travel aid service assists staff who are traveling internationally on firm business or who are living and working overseas.
- The firm will help client service staff obtain professional designation(s) appropriate to their discipline by providing study support and/or paying for all or a portion of the cost of preparation courses for professional examinations through the Professional Certification Expenses program.
- The Educational Support Program generally provides staff with educational support of up to $5,250 (non-taxable) per calendar year to further their education through the pursuit of a relevant degree or the CPA 150 credit hour requirement.
- Through the Matching Gift Program the PwC Foundation will match your gift ($50 minimum) to qualified colleges or universities, up to a maximum of $10,000 per fiscal year.
Well-Being Rewards Program
PwC's Well-Being Rewards Program offers financial incentives for engaging in a wide range of healthy and responsible behaviors and activities that ultimately may lead to improving your long-term well-being. Examples of qualifying behaviors include yoga, running and weight lifting, as well as recycling and volunteering, to name a few. Participation can be fun and financially rewarding—giving you the opportunity to redeem points for gift cards to some of your favorite retailers, or to make a donation to charity.
Commuter Benefits Program
The Commuter Benefits Program provides you with a tax-effective way to pay for eligible commuting expenses, such as parking costs and bus, train or subway fare.