Use the interactive data explorer below to access, compare and view 15 years of data from 190 economies. Create your own peer groups to look at data from any single year of the study and see trends across all years, and download your customised chart in PDF format.
You can use the explorer in different ways:
- Click on an economy on the map to see this year’s data and then expand it to see data for all years.
- To see the data for a specific year, select the year from the drop-down box in the bottom left corner, then select the economies/regions for which you want to see the data and click on “Apply”. Use the buttons at the top of the screen to move through the different indicators.
- To see the data for all years select “All years” from the drop-down box in the bottom left corner, then select the economies/regions for which you want to see the data and click on “Apply”. Use the buttons at the top of the screen to move through the different indicators.
- To display the data for every economy in a region, select the “Region with economies” from the regions menu within the economy/region menu. This allows you to show, for example, all the economies in the OECD.
- To export a PDF of the chart you have created, click on “Save to PDF” and use the left and right arrows next to the “Save to PDF” button to display the data points that you want to be listed in your PDF.
- Select “The Paying Taxes score” to see how the economies rank for 2018 and to see the differences in their scores.
Discover and compare the Total Tax and Contribution Rate, time to comply, number of payments and post-filing index in your economy with current year and historical data for 190 economies and over 20 regions.
Use the “Save to PDF” button to generate a printout of your chart that can be used in reports and presentations.