Bank regulatory compliance services
In today's global marketplace, banking organizations have greatly expanded the scope and complexity of their activities and face an ever changing and increasingly complex regulatory environment. Furthermore, due to the consumer credit crisis, several high profile compliance breakdowns, and increased emphasis on consumer protection, the federal and state regulatory agencies, investors, legislators, and the general public are focused on institutions' customer practices and regulatory compliance performance like never before. Moreover, a compliance failure can result in litigation, financial penalties, regulatory constraints, and reputational damage that can strategically affect an organization.
PwC's bank regulatory compliance team is well qualified to assist banking companies in addressing these challenges and staying abreast of changing regulatory requirements and expectations and industry practices. We are the leader in providing regulatory compliance services to the US and global banking industry. Our highly qualified and experienced professionals provide a full range of regulatory compliance risk management services. We do not sell generic products or "one-size fits all" solutions. Instead, we offer practical regulatory compliance advice and solutions that are tailored to each client's individual business needs. We have a proven approach and have been at the forefront of the industry in developing innovative, low-cost approaches to managing and overseeing compliance risk. We also work closely with our global network to provide regulatory advisory services in a seamless manner across all geographic locations.
Our commitment to client service means that PwC brings the right skills and resources for your specific needs. Whether your needs relate generally to consumer compliance or are more specific to certain compliance areas – such as CRA, fair lending, AML, etc. – we bring the right people with the right experience. Similarly, from a business perspective, we have specialists with deep industry experience in specific banking areas – such as mortgage lending, credit card, commercial banking, etc. – to ensure that we hit the ground running with minimal start-up time.
Bank regulatory compliance services
Examples of services that we commonly provide to our clients include:
Improving the Effectiveness, and Reducing the Cost, of Compliance Programs
- Compare corporate, AML, Fair Lending, and other compliance programs and processes to regulatory requirements and expectations and industry practices, and offer recommendations for improvement
- Design enterprise-wide compliance risk management frameworks and develop written compliance program/policy documents consistent with management objectives and regulatory requirements
- Develop compliance risk management processes using a proven, integrated approach to regulatory compliance program management with a focus on creating effective, low-cost, and sustainable compliance programs and processes
- Rationalize existing compliance activities across multiple entities and businesses to create sustainable and low-cost programs
Design and Implementation of Compliance Process
- Advise on the design and implementation of compliance program elements/processes:
- Governance and organizational structures
- Regulatory inventories and change management processes
- Compliance risk assessment processes
- Compliance policies and procedures
- Compliance training programs and processes
- Compliance and AML monitoring and testing programs
- Statistically-based fair lending monitoring systems
- Automated customer due diligence processes
- Board and executive management reporting processes
- Leverage technology solutions to enhance the integration and effectiveness, and reduce the costs, of compliance program processes
- Operationalize compliance through integration into core business processes
Regulatory Readiness Reviews
Conduct Bank and Bank Holding Company regulatory readiness compliance reviews to assist institutions in their preparation for regulatory examinations/inspections by identifying potential regulatory gaps and providing specific actionable recommendations to address these gaps.
Risk and Control Assessments
Evaluate design and operating effectiveness of compliance risk and control processes including those relating to Privacy, AML, Fair Lending, CRA, HMDA, Affiliate Transactions, Regulation O, Regulation Y, Regulation K, Consumer Credit and Deposit requirements, and other applicable compliance requirements.
Internal Audit Compliance Support
Assist institutions with the design and execution of AML, corporate compliance program, and other compliance-related internal audits.
Compliance Due Diligence Support
Perform compliance due diligence reviews to assist institutions with the identification and dimensioning of compliance risks associated with mergers or acquisitions.
Assist Banks and Bank Holding Companies with remediating compliance program and performance issues arising from examinations/inspections, including developing remedial action plans and performing historical transaction testing.
Compliance Transaction Testing
Perform transaction testing to determine an institution's adherence with applicable safety and soundness and consumer protection laws, regulations, and supervisory guidance.
For additional information on AML and Fair Lending services, please refer to our anti-money laundering
and fair lending compliance site