PwC Accounting Symposium
The Accounting Symposium is an annual program sponsored by PwC that precedes the American Accounting Association meeting. Selected accounting faculty from top colleges and universities across the country are invited to learn more about PwC and the profession. The Accounting Symposium is a one and a half day program designed to update faculty on current business topics and issues. A variety of PwC partners and subject matter experts combine to provide a comprehensive update on topics that are important to the academic community.
The 2011 Accounting Symposium was held on August 4-5th at the Marriott City Center in Denver, Colorado.
The 2011 agenda included the following topics and presenters:
Download the speaker biographies
- Assurance Practice Update: Tim Ryan
- Role of the Auditor: Brian Richson, Marc Panucci
- Perspectives on the Regulatory Environment and Political Landscape: Mike Gallagher, Laura Cox Kaplan
- Global Accounting Convergence, Then and Now: Dave Kaplan
- Accounting and SEC Technical Update: Steve Meisel, Cody Smith
- Resource Needs for the Future of our Profession: Mike Fenlon, Holly Paul
- Town Hall Discussion: Tim Ryan, Rick Stamm
The 2012 Accounting Symposium will be held in early August in Washington, DC. Further details will be posted as the program date draws near.