The Start internship will allow you to learn more about our firm while further developing the skills necessary for success in the business world.
Start will enable you to:
- Utilize your problem solving, analytical, research and organizational skills to understand our business and assist teams in real life projects focused on knowledge management, serving our clients, and internal firm services initiatives that support PwC’s business development
- Gain exposure to our partners, principals and staff through networking events, social media, and formal and informal shadowing opportunities
- Live corporate responsibility as you participate in community service projects
- Participate in professional development opportunities focused on topics such as personal brand, building relationships, developing a business perspective, and engaging in continuous coaching and development with the assistance of a team of mentors
- Participate in technical development exercises focused on knowledge management, research, preparing for an engagement, and conducting a PwC audit
- Engage in work assignments within our Internal Firm Services Group, which includes, but is not limited to, Marketing and Sales, Human Resources, Learning and Development, US IT, etc.
Start is just the first step in PwC's Internship Experience. After successful completion, you will have the opportunity to complete a client service internship in one of our three service lines: Assurance, Tax, or Advisory.
To be eligible to apply, you must be a college freshman, sophomore or junior from a traditionally under-represented racial and ethnic minority group within the accounting, auditing, or professional consulting services industries. You must also have a strong academic standing (3.2 GPA or higher is preferred) and currently be pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Finance, Economics, or Actuarial Science.
Create your Talent Profile at pwc.com/campus and begin the application process. Be sure to visit your campus career center website to see if PwC will be on your campus conducting interviews for the Start internship. Selected candidates will participate in a recruitment process including interviews and interactions with a PwC partner or principal, client service manager and/or recruiter.
Start Masters are interns who are returning for a second Start Internship based on their academic timing. This internship differentiates itself in several ways, including a virtual training, a virtual team case study, and a Give Back program. At the end of the internship, all the Start Masters across the US come together for "Start Masters Give Back" in Washington, D.C. Once together, interns present their final presentations to PwC partners and staff and then facilitate Earn Your Future financial literacy lessons to local DC high school students. See what our interns and leaders have to say about this unique and interactive program: