Entering a new market can be a good way for a business to achieve revenue growth, especially when it is facing disruption and fierce domestic competition. However, identifying the right markets for growth (Market Assessment) and then developing a successful market entry strategy (e.g. customer targeting, proposition developing and partner selection) is not easy, especially when competing with other global and local players and addressing new stakeholder priorities such as ESG.
PwC’s International Growth Practice supports companies to identify the most suitable markets for growth and expansion across both developed and developing economies and works with them to create market entry strategies for long-term success. Using a structured approach and PwC’s established market entry framework, our team supports clients to understand the key business and strategic requirements for a successful market expansion.
- Identification and prioritisation of best fit markets for entry, based on macro-economic and industry criteria
- Analysis of demand / supply drivers, consumer preferences, competition landscape and the regulatory environment
- Development of market entry strategies - consumer, proposition and channel engagement plans, and overall roadmap
- Benchmarking and analysis of leading practices across global companies
- Partner selection and target search (long-list)
- Credits and incentives analysis and in-country support