How PwC can help
- Enhancing audit capabilities and fighting fraud: We design and implement technology-enabled, risk-based and taxpayer-centric audit methodologies. This includes taxpayer portals, fraud and data analytics, continuous auditing of taxpayers and change-management programs for the organization and its people.
- Cooperative compliance modelling: We design and implement sustainable, tailor-made cooperative compliance models that yield measurable benefits for both tax administrations and taxpayers.
- Certified tax assurance program: We help to introduce third-party verification programs (‘Tax Assurance’) of taxpayers’ Tax Control Frameworks (TCF). This gives comfort to taxpayers, tax administrations and other stakeholders on the quality of the TCF (‘Justified Trust’).
- Blockchain pilots: We can assist in introducing Blockchain pilots. For example, a sustainable ecotourism tax based on Blockchain or a pilot Blockchain VAT system. This offers a scaled approach to understand how Blockchain technology could add value in achieving your goals.
- Performance-measurement modelling: Performance measurement is an important element of change management. We enable organizations to measure the performance of their processes, technology and people.
Our Tax Administration Consulting practice supports tax administrations, intra- and intergovernmental organizations, development banks and government agencies in designing, optimizing and implementing sustainable and operationally functioning, technologically advanced tax compliance infrastructures.
- We know the tax landscape and its challenges. Positioned between the business community on the one side and tax policymakers, political decision makers and tax administrations on the other, we have gained a deep understanding of the tax environment, the business environment and the skills that are required to build a sustainable tax compliance infrastructure.
- Operating at the forefront of cooperative compliance modelling, we develop services that enable businesses to realize the full potential of this game-changing concept.
- We work in strategic partnerships with other leading industry operators as well as with renowned academic institutions. This enables us to provide subject matter expertise from the world of governance, tax law consulting, technology, and independent academic research.
- We have extensive experience in advising, supporting, training and working with governments and tax administrations around the world.
- We work closely with leading international financial institutions, development agencies, and non-governmental organizations, which also includes contributing to publications and seminars.
- Our global, multidisciplinary and multilingual team includes former tax officials who are familiar with the inner workings and cultures at tax administrations.