For organisations that require an independent evaluation of processes and related controls, PwC advises management on:
- Overall management controls
- Assurance regarding business processes, systems, data and technology management
- Risk management
- Traditional third party assurance
Our services enable organisations to gain comfort that their systems, processes and risk management procedures are operating effectively within a well-controlled environment.
- You are implementing a new IT system, and want to know whether the controls are adequate
- You need confidence in the quality of the information coming out of your management information systems
- With system changes and complex legacy systems, you want to prevent a controls breakdown
- You want to ensure that your risk management framework is effective
- You have just had a major accounting breakdown and want to rectify the problem.
How we can support you
- Assurance that adequate controls are in place to mitigate key risks facing the business
- Comfort that key controls have been implemented prior to major systems going live
- Assurance that key processes are providing reliable reports to enable management to make appropriate decisions
- A structured recovery from a systems breakdown
- A robust risk management framework to identify risk
- A comprehensive, independent report on controls that can be used by third parties (SAS 70).
PwC's independent controls and process assurance services include
- Risk management
- Corporate governance
- Production of process flow diagrams and documentation
- Design, implementation and testing of controls
- Shared service centres / process reviews
- Due diligence on systems and controls
- Third party reports / opinions e.g. internet gaming, web seals
- Independent SAS 70 reviews
- Systems - pre- and post-implementation reviews
- Assistance on Turnbull and Sarbanes-Oxley 404 requirements.