Economic analysis plays a key role both in the commercial world and in public policy. As a leading firm in our chosen markets, PwC prides itself on its track record as economic advisors to business, governments and regulatory agencies. The Economics practice is a large and growing team of professional economists, working at the intersection between economics, policy, strategy and finance, with domestic and international clients.
We work in partnership with our clients in both the private and public sectors to provide them with rigorous and practical solutions from an independent and objective viewpoint. Our core services are wide ranging and include:
If this is your situation
- Businesses need to ensure that they use their resources to generate the most effective returns for shareholders. This means understanding the implications of all their investments, their use of debt and how their capital is structured within a typically complex and international group;
- Expansion into a new market, developing a new product or merging with or acquiring another business can all give rise to competition enquiries and reviews;
- A need for independent, objective appraisal and evaluation of policy options and programmes;
- Understanding the macro-economic related issues you may have – e.g., the economic outlook and risks in markets, sectoral and regional analysis and forecasts, housing market modelling, pensions modelling and economic impact assessments; and
- Considering the relationship between economic policy, environmental protection and social development to achieve sustainable development.
How we can help you
Our evidence-based advice is grounded in our use of superior analytics to understand markets and how they operate. We have in-depth understanding of business sectors, markets, government and regulatory processes, informed by our strong track record and knowledge of:
- Economic techniques – e.g., market research, advanced survey techniques, financial modeling, statistical analysis and econometric forecasting;
- Industry sectors – e.g., telecoms, media, energy, utilities, automotive, financial services, gambling;
- Issues – e.g., competition inquiries, contract disputes, cost of capital, investment appraisal, sustainability;
- Institutions and processes – e.g., European Commission, Federal Trade Commission, Office of Fair Trading, Competition Commission, Government, industry regulators; and
- UK and international macroeconomic prospects – e.g., growth, inflation, interest rates and exchange rates.
The PwC Economics practice is provided by various PwC member firms.
View PwC's Economics team contacts »