Key takeaways and practical steps for senior leaders
The worldwide workforce trends identified in our survey, including the rise in hybrid working, demands for greater upskilling, increased employee empowerment and the need to build trust through greater transparency and purpose, are all having an impact on employers in the Middle East. Companies need to dig deep into their own employee data and listen closely to the hopes and fears of their workforce to tailor a strategy that will benefit employees and employers alike. Businesses must also be mindful that they are dealing with a new generation of young workers who can – and will – switch jobs if they feel other employers offer them more fulfilling opportunities.
In view of the survey findings, Middle East companies should take the following specific actions:
- Identify the key drivers of employee turnover and retention
- Use data to inform workplace strategies and tailor them to different employee segments
- Align the company’s strategic goals with the demands of employees for greater purpose and trust
- Build an environment where employees are empowered to openly discuss their views
- Commit to pay transparency and reinforce diversity and inclusion
- Further support hybrid working
- Invest more in upskilling to bridge the skills gap
By addressing the hopes and fears of their employees, employers can create the optimal working environment to ensure that their most valuable asset – the workforce – is fully engaged, motivated and able to achieve their full potential, now and into the future.