How do healthcare organisations address issues that ranked high in importance or in which there were significant gaps?
They must begin now because the solutions will take a year or more to implement. The complexity of the healthcare system requires understanding the short-term trends and near-term solutions. The trends that healthcare organisations need to develop tactics for are:
Creating the Future Payor System
- Pay for Performance Will Imbed Reimbursement Methods.
- Payors Will Implement Self-service Tools to Lower Costs and Shift Responsibility.
- High-volume Users Will Be Targeted Through Systems that Combine Claims and Self-reported Health Assessments to Develop into Predictive Data.
- Single-platform Information and Data Warehousing Systems Will Help Payors Simplify, Integrate and Standardise amid the Industry’s Growing Complexity of Relationships.
- Public and Private Responsibilities to Patients Will Blur, Creating Opportunities and Dilemmas for Payors.
Creating the Future Hospital System
- Leading Hospitals Will Succeed by Targeting High-Margin, High-Volume and High-Quality Services.
- New Payor Models Will Require Providers to Strategically Price Services.
- Demands on Healthcare Workers Will Keep Turnover High.
- Aging Physical Structures Must Be Replaced or Renovated.
- Caregivers and Patients Will Demand Information at Their Fingertips.
- Physicians Will Want Better Support to Benefit from New Technologies.