Helping to build and empower community leadership
At the PricewaterhouseCoopers Canada Foundation, we're dedicated to providing the community and our people with the tools they need to strengthen their leadership skills. Whether it's learning about how to be a more effective volunteer, or providing financial support for leadership development at Canadian charities, we help people become more strategic in the ways they make a difference in the community. In the not for profit sector, we call this idea capacity building, and it's the core of our work and how we helping to build and empower community leadership.
Our Foundation offers a variety of programs to help people get involved in their communities and build upon the impact they have by working together. Starting with the list of programs below, visit the different areas of our site to learn more:
- The Volunteer Continuum is a tool that helps any person or organization develop, monitor, evaluate and revise community involvement programs to help strengthen their level of commitment to the charitable sector and the effectiveness of their volunteer contributions.
- Team Volunteering provides a paid day off of work to employees every year to volunteer at a local charity.
- Volunteer Grants acknowledge staff who volunteer more than 50 hours of their personal time during a given year with a $300 donation to the charity where they volunteer.
- Volunteer Recognition celebrates staff who demonstrate extraordinary volunteer efforts. It's about celebrating great volunteer achievements and telling inspirational stories to help others get involved.
- Leadership Grants provide financial support for professional development activities at registered Canadian charities.
- Volunteer Education and Engagement provides online tools and interactive educational workshops designed to augment people's knowledge about issues facing the not for profit sector.