Achieving Total Retail: Consumer expectations driving the next retail business model
This is the seventh consecutive year that PwC has published a study of online shoppers, and our third global survey.
Here are some highlights from this year’s report.
- 15% of our sample shopped with just one retailer in the past year
- 43% of survey respondents who don't shop online said data security is a major concern keeping many from shopping online
- 46% of our global shoppers want the “ability to check other store or online stock quickly”
- 4 in 10 of our survey participants were willing to consider turning to a competitor when confronted by the closure of a local store
- Online shoppers are split in their preference for mobile browsers versus apps
- 58% of our global sample discovered a new brand on social media