The CIMA Professional Qualification
View this page in:
CIMA - The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants is the world's largest professional body of management accountants, offering the most relevant finance qualification for business in both the public and private sectors.
Why The CIMA Professional Qualification
With the strengthening of the code of conduct, regulation and legislation within the finance profession, there is a growing demand for finance people with high standards of expertise and ethics. Therefore, both potential employers and clients are paying increasing attention to these professional qualifications. The CIMA Professional Qualification is recognised worldwide as the most relevant global finance qualification for business.
Who is it for?
CIMA prepares people for a career in business. It teaches skills for strategic advice, managing risk and making key decisions, applying accounting techniques to plan and budget, determining the information that management needs, and explaining the numbers to non-financial managers. The study is suitable for:
- financial managers, who want to gain an insight into other business areas and acquire a wider range of skills;
- graduates with minimal practical experience, who do not yet have a defined specialisation;
- those who want to get more flexible career opportunities, and are interested in accounting, management and finance;
- those interested in a career abroad – the CIMA is excellent proof of their skills, knowledge and proficiency in English;
- and those who want to expand their managerial and entrepreneurial skills.
CIMA Qualification at a glance
- The CIMA qualification is structured into three levels.
- On average, students complete the CIMA qualification in 4-5 years.
- Holders of a relevant qualification may be exempted from the CIMA exams.
- All exams at Certificate Level are computer based and you can pass them throughout the year at our accredited centre.
- Paper-based exams can be taken twice a year in May and November - at the same time worldwide and with the same content.
- Students need a minimum of three years' relevant work based practical experience before becoming chartered management accountants.