The CIMA Professional Qualification
View this page in:
CIMA - The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants is the world's largest professional body of management accountants, offering the most relevant finance qualification for business in both the public and private sectors.
Why The CIMA Professional Qualification
With the strengthening of the code of conduct, regulation and legislation within the finance profession, there is a growing demand for finance people with high standards of expertise and ethics. Therefore, both potential employers and clients are paying increasing attention to these professional qualifications. The CIMA Professional Qualification is recognised worldwide as the most relevant global finance qualification for business.
Who is it for?
CIMA prepares people for a career in business. It teaches skills for strategic advice, managing risk and making key decisions, applying accounting techniques to plan and budget, determining the information that management needs, and explaining the numbers to non-financial managers. The study is suitable for:
- financial managers, who want to gain an insight into other business areas and acquire a wider range of skills;
- graduates with minimal practical experience, who do not yet have a defined specialisation;
- those who want to get more flexible career opportunities, and are interested in accounting, management and finance;
- those interested in a career abroad – the CIMA is excellent proof of their skills, knowledge and proficiency in English;
- and those who want to expand their managerial and entrepreneurial skills.
CIMA Qualification at a glance
- The CIMA qualification is structured into three levels - operational, management and strategic.
- On average, students complete the CIMA qualification in 4-5 years.
- Holders of a relevant qualification, memebers of other professional bodies and MBA graduates may be exempted from some CIMA exams. In some cases the accelerated route to CIMA can be taken.
- All exams at Certificate Level (C01-C05) are computer based. Since the beginning of 2015 also 9 objective tests are taken via computer and you can pass them throughout the year at our accredited Pearson VUE centre. The results are known immediately. The objective tests are 90 minutes long and the pass mark is 70%.
- Case study assessments consolidate the learning at each CIMA level (operational, management, strategic) to reflect real-life work situations. They are also taken via computer but marked in person by our examiners. Case studies are three hours long and the pass mark is 60%. Case studies are available four times a year and they focus on the key skills employers have asked for.
- Students need to prove their relevant work based practical experience according to the CGMA Competence Framework.
- After the successfull graduation you will be entitled to the designatory letters CGMA (Chartered Global Management Accountant).