The European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF) are the main instrument of EU investment policy. The funds are invested in a number of areas, such as:
- A greener Slovakia (energy efficiency, reduction of greenhouse gas emissions, etc.);
- A more connected Slovakia (development of a smart, safe, sustainable trans-European transport network);
- A more competitive and smarter Slovakia;
- A more social and more inclusive Slovakia (labour market support, quality and inclusive education, skills acquisition, etc.);
- A Europe closer to its citizens (support of culture and natural heritage, sustainable tourism, public sports fields, etc.);
- The Just Transition Fund (to address social, economic and environmental consequences in regions affected by transition to carbon neutrality).
The total amount of EU funds for the Slovakia Program is EUR 12.594 billion.