View this page in:
Many PwC firms around the world are working to develop more environmentally-efficient business practices for their own operations – so are we. However, our greatest potential for influence is to impact the environment positively through our work with clients.
Collaborating for better solutions
- With a global network of 700 people in our Sustainability and Climate Change practice, PwC is a leading advisor on sustainability, climate change and green growth.
- We’re working with the UN to develop new ways of calculating the economic value of the world’s ecosystems and integrating these principles into business decision-making.
- PwC has provided advice and report services to the Carbon Disclosure Project for five years, to help them deliver their aims to provide investors with a unique global view on how the world’s largest companies are responding to climate change.
- PwC is a signatory to the UNGC CEO Water Mandate, a public–private initiative that aims to assist companies in the development, implementation, and disclosure of sustainability policies and practices around water.
We manage our environmental footprint by understanding and then mitigating our greatest impacts. We have integrated our environmental strategy with our everyday operations, putting environmental policy in place and engaging our people in environmental issues.
In this respect, the following is in place:
- Monitoring paper consumption, duplex printing set up, using brown recycled paper,
- Separating waste collections for paper and plastics,
- Reducing plastic waste production by using water jugs instead of bottles,
- Reducing business travel emissions by organising video conference calls,
- Running internal environmental campaigns