Our 2-day course focuses on deepening knowledge, skills and professional judgment in the selection and application of accounting methods for strategic management in various business contexts. It also concentrates on the evaluation of organisation performance and strategic development, application of accounting techniques in the processing of quantitative and qualitative information for planning, decision making, evaluation and monitoring of the company performance.
The main topics of the course:
- The role of strategic planning, at corporate and business level;
- The rational model of strategic planning, including a wide range of qualitative models;
- The concepts of value and cost. Definitions and a wide range of examples, including traditional and modern costing techniques: marginal, absorption, activity based;
- The concept of budgeting in the strategic process;
- Challenges imposed by applying traditional budgeting models, and how these may be overcome.
- Types of budgets: flex, rolling, zero based, beyond, activity based;
- The role of critical success factors and KPIs in strategic planning and performance management and measurement;
- What is performance management and the difference to performance measurement;
- The role and usability of financial and non-financial KPIs;
- Variances: the concept. The role of basic and advanced variances;
- Kaizen costing: a snapshot at an alternative business performance philosophy;
- Transfer pricing: a comprehensive roadmap to decision making.
Price: CZK 10,900 + VAT