My spouse is a Ukrainian national

Expats' Handbook

If you are marrying a Ukrainian citizen, you can apply for a temporary residence permit and then for a permanent residence permit after two years of marriage

Check whether you need a visa and/or an invitation to enter Ukraine.

Clear your luggage through customs.

Learn about some potential pitfalls.

Check customs rules.

Observe foreign currency rules.

Obtain a temporary residence permit.

Most likely all your income will be taxable in Ukraine.

< Back

< Back
[+] Read More

Contact us

Slava Vlasov

Slava Vlasov

Partner, Leader, Tax and Legal Services, PwC in Ukraine

Tel: +380 44 354 04 04

Olga Melnychenko

Olga Melnychenko

Director, Market Entry & Exit, Employment & Immigration practice, Attorneys Association "PwC Legal in Ukraine"

Tel: +380 44 354 0404

Yury Zakharchenko

Yury Zakharchenko

Senior Manager, IAS, PwC in Ukraine

Tel: +380 44 354 04 04

Follow us

Required fields are marked with an asterisk(*)


Name & Surname

phone number


By submitting your email address, you acknowledge that you have read the Privacy Statement and that you consent to our processing data in accordance with the Privacy Statement (including international transfers). If you change your mind at any time about wishing to receive the information from us, you can send us an email message using the Contact Us page.