Cost of living increase
- The cost of living increase for 2020 amounts to €3.49 per week. Such increase will be granted to all employees, to pensioners and to those receiving social benefits.
- Students will also be granted such cost of living increase on a pro-rata basis.
Measures relating to employment
- An additional day of leave to all employees’ annual leave balance.
- All social security pensions to be increased by €3.51 per week. Thus, together with the cost of living adjustment of €3.49, the weekly increase for pensioners should be of €7 (€364 per year).
- Similarly to previous years, the portion of any service pension which is not to be reduced from the retirement pension is being increased by a further €200.
- Recalculation of certain service pensions once recipient reaches pension age.
- Invalidity pension revised upwards to match the minimum national wage.