Financial Crime


Global Economic Crime and Fraud Survey

PwC asked over 7,200+ executives from 123 territories for their thoughts on economic crime and fraud. The results of the 2018 Global Economic Crime and Fraud Survey reveal that 49% of global organisations say they’ve experienced economic crime in the past two years. But what about the other 51%? Have they avoided falling victim – or simply don’t know about it? Since fraud hides in the shadows, one of the most powerful weapons in a fraudster’s armoury is a lack of awareness within organisations. It’s time for all businesses to recognise the threat.

Other key findings reveal

  • 64% said losses due directly to their most disruptive fraud could reach US$1million
  • 52% of all frauds are perpetrated by people inside the organisation
  • 31% that suffered fraud indicated they experienced cybercrime


Explore the survey


2018 Global Economic Crime and Fraud Survey

Subscribe to Financial Crime News

Financial Crime News is available on this page. However, if you do not wish to miss an issue you can subscribe.





{{contentList.dataService.numberHits}} {{contentList.dataService.numberHits == 1 ? 'result' : 'results'}}

Financial Crime has become a major issue for all financial services organisations as well as many others caught up in its scope. The compliance focus and the associated costs are substantial, and at all levels the penalties for failure have become ever more significant.

Financial Crime is not limited to Money Laundering and Financing of Terrorism, but it also includes an array of other related issues.

At PwC, we recognise the struggle operators face to keep up with developments in this area.  For this reason, Financial Crime News aims to continually supplement the knowledge of professionals, whilst keeping them abreast on topical matters and issues.


Contact us

Lucienne Pace Ross

Assurance Partner, PwC Malta

Tel: +356 2564 7293

Mirko Rapa

Tax Partner, PwC Malta

Tel: +356 2564 6738

Follow us