Navigating through the Accounting and Treasury Landscape
How do I stay ahead of the accounting developments and evaluate the implications of investing, financing and risk management decisions?
Join us at PwC accounting and treasury workshop!
We can help you to:
- focus on the critical changes in financial reporting standards;
- gain practical insight from the experts on the implications of the changes;
- anticipate and manage expectations of your stakeholders
- understand the business objectives and explore options to optimise financial position
- learn about the common pitfalls in financing, investing and risk management decisions.
Day 1 (9am - 5pm): Finance and Treasury Master class
- What are the current popular sources of funds raising and impact to key financial ratios?
- How to optimise internal capital?
- Investment products including structured investments
- Understand the risks and their accounting implications
Hedging financial risks and dealing with banks
- Financial risks – how to identify, measure and manage?
- Evaluate hedging strategy and treasury governance
- New wave of hedge accounting rules
Day 2 (9am - 5pm)
Preparing your FY 2013 financial statements
- Challenges in applying FRS 113 Fair Value Measurement
- Improvements to standards relating to:
- Presenting third balance sheet
- Tax effects of distribution – profit or loss or equity
- Accounting for PIC tax incentives from Singapore Budget 2013
Common application issues on current FRS
- Presentation of income statement and cash flow statement
- Deferred tax accounting
Consolidating for 2014 and onwards
- Control without majority rights or as “principal”
- Consolidation exception given to Investment Entities
- Joint ventures versus joint operations
Snapshots of new wave of changes in FRS
Who should attend?
Chief Financial Officers, Financial Controllers, Finance Managers, Tax Accountants, Financial Analysts and anyone who is involved in any aspect of treasury and financial reporting.
Date & Time
16-17 September 2013, 9am – 5pm
Two-day workshop: S$1,080 (PwC client or alumni); S$1,350 (public) - Enjoy 7% discount for 3 or more participants of the same organisation
One-day workshop: S$600 (PwC client or alumni); S$750 (public)
More information about the seminar, including registration details, is available in the flyer >