Formulate financial assessment framework
The client needed to develop a framework to assess the financial health of key local and municipal units, as well as to instill financial discipline.
How we helped
Our team developed the projection and simulation models, scenario planning tables, impact analysis, banding and scoring methodology, stakeholder engagement and public communications plan. We approached the project with key phases to deliver:
- International benchmarks and assessments to identify and prioritise financial ratios
- Framework structure for assessment of financial performance ratios, as well as the principles for weightage and scoring
- Financial projection of scenarios, analysis of impact and options, and statistical data structuring
- Major presentations to achieve buy-in and agreement with senior municipal management and the ministry on the new framework
- Support communication to stakeholders including representatives of municipal communities
With a robust and clear structure in place, we helped the client achieve buy-in from stakeholders on the new framework followed by its successful roll out, prompting behavioural change throughout the organisation.