We, PwC Tax Japan, PwC Outsourcing Services LLC, PwC Labor and Social Security Attorney Corporation , PwC Administrative Scrivener’s Corporation and PricewaterhouseCoopers WMS Pte. Ltd. (hereinafter collectively “PwC Tax Japan Group”),recognize that it is an important social obligation to comply with the privacy rules on the protection of personal information. We will pay due consideration to the protection of the personal information when we run our website operations.
We will review our policy on personal data privacy and protection and we will take appropriate actions to maintain proper operation of our website and protect the personal information we received.
- Collection of personal data
- Our website would receive visitor's personal data only when the visitor voluntarily submits their personal information when making inquiries on our services, publications, or recruitment, etc. and the personal information would include names, telephone number, and postal addresses, etc.,
- To better manage our website operation, we use Brower Cookies to collect and track information such as IP Address, and internet domain name.
- When we send out our tax newsletter and seminar information by our e-mail distribution system, we use the “URL Counter” which is linked to the specific page of our website. The “URL Counter” keeps track of the recipient on our distribution list who checked our web page using the URL link distributed to them.
- Use of personal data
Use of personal data obtained when we receive an inquiry
- We will use the personal information to respond the inquiry made by each visitor of our website. The information will be transferred to the most appropriate person or department for reply. If the inquiry received is not relevant to us, but it might be relevant to a member firm of PricewaterhouseCoopers network, we may transfer the information to the person responsible within PwC firms in Japan and overseas.
- The email address provided in the inquiry is used to reply to the inquiry.
- We may also use the name and e-mail address who has made inquiry for purposes of our tax newsletter or seminar invitation, which we believe may be of interest to the inquirer. However, when we distribute the newsletter or seminar information by e-mail, the recipient is always given an option to unsubscribe to our email. We will suspend our e-mail distribution when we receive a request to unsubscribe from our email list.
- We may use the information obtained from the visitors to our website for further improvement.
- We may send career information to whom made inquiry on our recruitment.
- We may use the personal information to provide information through our publications (including via the email or the Website) and information on sales and subscription of such publications.
Use of personal data collected using browser cookies
- We use the information collected using browser cookies to understand the preference of our visitors and the number audience who visited each page of our website. We will use such information to create more interesting webpage and enhance the capability of our website. The browser cookies do not collect personal information such as name or e-mail address from visitors on our webpage.
Use of personal data collected using the URL Counter
- When we send out our tax newsletter and seminar information by our e-mail distribution system, we may use the “URL Counter” which is linked to the specific page of our website. The “URL Counter” keeps track of the recipient on our distribution list who checked our web page using the URL link distributed to them. We use this information to be more efficient on the distribution of our newsletter and seminar information.