We help organisations to work smarter and grow faster. Our work is always evolving to respond to industry trends and management focus, and we combine our deep technical skills in response to our clients' changing needs. Over time, what we do remains closely linked with helping our clients improve the way they operate; innovate and grow; reduce costs; manage risks; leverage talent; and change the way they do business.
Our aim is to support our clients in designing, managing and executing lasting beneficial change.
Management Consulting (Financial Services - Strategy) – Senior Associate / Manager / Senior Manager
PwC Consulting is experiencing exciting growth in the Southeast Asia region and we have various opportunities for talented and high performing individuals to be based in different parts of S.E.A offices - Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, and Vietnam.
Our Financial Services Strategy Team provides a wide range of strategic advice to global and regional financial institutions. We operate at the cutting edge of client agendas, helping solve complex business decisions and address the challenges of changing competitive environments informed by major trends. The team provides advice on strategic development and execution as well as more general commercial advisory services.
The Senior Associate / Manager in this team would be expected to participate in the active growth of our FS Strategy practice with focus on – investment banking, commercial banking, retail banking, asset management, insurance, regulators etc. We are seeking motivated individuals who will act as drivers of projects, both through analysis and shaping the insights we deliver to clients.
We engage in detailed, rigorous evaluation of our clients’ issues and help our clients develop new insights, strategies and approaches. Our flexible, tailored services are concentrated on Corporate, Business Unit and Operational Strategy and offer a wide range of strategic advice. We help our clients think through the most pressing strategic issues they face, which are often diverse in nature.
You will be working closely with clients and delivering complex solutions including:
- Organisation strategy
- Business model evaluation and redesign
- Regulatory response strategy
- Cost base analysis and improvement
- Business case development / feasibility analysis
- Market analysis and opportunity identification / quantification
- Market entry planning / value chain strategy
- Profitability and pricing
- Product proposition development.
As a Senior Associate, you will be required to:
- Conduct review and analysis on clients’ operations to meet their corporate strategy and support execution of strategic agenda
- Work closely with the engagement team, manager and client representative to deliver the projects
- Act as the daily contact point for the clients
- Run project work stream on a day-to-day basis, including managing Associates, who will do most of the research and analysis, and sense checking the work done
- Support Manager / Senior Manager on developing hypotheses, contribute to conclusions and assist other senior team members in presenting back to the client
- Support Manager / Senior Manager on project economics, and risk and quality measures
- Contribute to the development of proposals and bids.
As a Manager/Senior Manager, you will be required to:
- Client assignments:
- Lead the engagement team to provide high quality business insight and recommendation. Develop hypotheses, contribute to conclusions and support other senior team members in presenting back to the client.
- Manage project execution and delivery, making sure the project is delivered within the agreed/guaranteed timeline and budget
- Manage the project team and junior resources, who will do most of the research and analysis, and sense checking the work done
- Manage project economics, resourcing, planning, and meet risk and quality requirements
- Identify likely issues that could impact delivery and leveraging PwC network support as required
- Assist in developing training, engagement procedures and methodologies
- Coach and develop junior team members both formally and informally.
- Business development:
- Industry sector expertise: you will have the opportunity to contribute to thought-leadership and business development as well as building your own personal expertise, for example by attending relevant sector conferences
- Involve in developing our product offerings, and marketing to external and internal clients
- Together with your sector team, you will participate to pitching activity and client development.
- A recognised Degree qualification
- Min. 2 years and above of relevant experience for Senior Associate level; min. 6-8 years and above of relevant experience for Manager/Senior Manager level
- Consulting experience gained within either a strategy house, a Big 4 firm or an in-house strategy function of a financial institution (Banking & Capital Markets, Retail Bank, Insurance etc.)
- A desire to work within FS, an appreciation of the characteristics of the industry and a motivation to keep abreast of current industry issues
- Prior project management and/or consulting experience is required for Manager / Senior Manager level
- An ability to collect and utilise current, role-relevant business and industry trend information and to analyse this information effectively by applying numerical and strategic analysis techniques
- An ability to plan and deliver discrete sections of work against tight deadlines
- An ability to contribute to identifying and addressing risk management issues
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, written and verbal skills
- Track record of senior executive level engagement
- A proven ability to translate client objectives into deliverable design, and develop deliverables that address complex situations
- Group facilitation and presentation skills
- Demonstrated management skills, including the ability to train and develop staff, manage project budgets and develop strong client relationships.
- Industry sector content and experience
- A track record of delivering quality work for clients, demonstrating an understanding of the client's business and relevant professional standards and maintaining respectful client relationships
- Experience in building internal and external relationships and networks, and in sales
Interested and qualified applicants with the relevant experience, please write in with your updated resume inclusive of information on your current and expected salary and earliest available date to email@example.com
Please indicate the reference code and title of position applied for. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.