- 10 July 2014 - Where do Malaysian companies stack up in communicating performance and prospects?
Malaysian businesses have the basics of reporting covered but they still have a long way to go to truly embrace integrated reporting, an evolution of corporate reporting based on the International Integrated Reporting Council (IIRC)’s Integrated Reporting Framework.
- 18 June 2014 - PwC Malaysia’s Corporate Responsibility Report is the first in Malaysia to adopt new G4 Sustainability Reporting Guidelines
PwC Malaysia has just published its 2013 Corporate Responsibility (CR) report “We’re part of it: Creating value through responsible business”. This report is the first in Malaysia to adopt the new G4 Sustainability Reporting Guidelines according to the Global Reporting Initiative’s (GRI) database.
- 16 June 2014 - PwC and IBBM study finds that banking trends are reshaping the face of talent in Malaysia
Four trends are redefining the talent requirements in the Malaysian banking industry, forcing banks to review their talent management practices to remain relevant.
- 28 May 2014 - Macro-economic concerns and rising interest rates the top risks among Malaysian bankers
Concerns over the macro-economic environment and the expected interest rates hike topped the list of risks among the Malaysian banking industry (No.1 and No.2 respectively), according to the Malaysian cut of the Banking Banana Skins 2014 survey.
- 24 April 2014 - PwC survey finds that companies are underestimating the threat of economic crime
Despite all the attention that fraud, corruption and other forms of economic crime receive, Malaysian businesses are still underestimating its severity and threat. According to PwC’s Malaysian cut of the 2014 Global Economic Crime Survey, 47% (37% globally) of our respondents said they either have not undertaken a fraud risk assessment in the last two years, or did not know if they have.
- 4 April 2014 - PwC completes its acquisition of Booz & Company
PwC is pleased to announce today the successful completion of its combination with Booz & Company. Marking this occasion, Booz & Company has changed its name to Strategy& (pronounced Strategy and).
- 5 March 2014 - International Women's Day
To mark International Women’s Day on Saturday 8th March 2014, PwC releases a report focusing on what millennial (or Gen Y) women expect in their careers, and what organisations can do to create the right environment for them to flourish in the workplace.
- 27 February 2014 - Malaysian student wins top taxation prize in global ICAEW exams
Ong Jie Yun of PwC Malaysia has won First Place and the Little Prize in the latest ICAEW ACA exams. She is the eighth Malaysian student to have won an international prize in the ICAEW exams, making this the tenth time a Malaysian has topped a global ACA paper.
- 9 December 2013 - PwC report “Getting social: Social media in business” surveys Malaysian businesses
Malaysian companies are fairly active on social media but they don’t recognise how it impacts their business, according to PwC Malaysia’s inaugural report on social media. The survey, “Getting social: Social media in business” studies the use of social media among Malaysian organisations and the level of senior management involvement. It received a total of 101 responses from prominent organisations across Malaysia.
- 18 November 2013 - PwC Malaysia recognised as the ‘Best Service Provider for Business Continuity Management (BCM)’ in Malaysia
PwC Malaysia has been awarded the inaugural ‘Best Service Provider for Business Continuity Management (BCM)’ by Disaster Recovery Institute (DRI) International. The award was presented at the recent DRI Malaysia 2013 Conference in Grand Millennium Hotel Kuala Lumpur.
- 13 August 2013 - PwC boosts its consulting capability in South East Asia
PwC is growing its consulting capability in South East Asia with the formation of a new joint venture between PwC Consulting practices in South East Asia, New Zealand, Australia and the United States. The new PwC South East Asian Consulting Business commenced on August 1, 2013.
- 25 June 2013 - For a high-performing culture, insurance firms need to shape employees’ “moments that matter”
In a new report titled ‘Insurance 2020: Unleashing the value from values’, PwC believes that a high performing culture is set to be one of the keys to competitiveness for insurance companies in the new normal.
- 17 April 2013 - Employee engagement beyond rewards critical to attracting and motivating talent
Talent Corporation Malaysia Berhad (TalentCorp), General Electric (GE) and PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) jointly organised a forum and panel discussion, themed ‘Beyond Rewards: What Keeps your Employees Happy?’’. The topic of discussion was set on the back of a report conducted by PwC on Generation-Y (Gen-Y), which provided insights into the minds of recent graduates in Malaysia and highlights their evolving career preferences.
- 16 April 2013 - PwC: Decline in banking M&A is a fundamental shift, not just a cyclical downturn
Research from PwC has found that recent years’ decline in banking M&A is not simply due to a cyclical downturn but represents a radically changed economic and regulatory environment.
- 8 March 2013 - International Women's Day - PwC highlights what can be done to help young women reach leadership positions
In conjunction with International Women’s Day, PwC is supporting a book about developing talented junior women for future leadership roles. The book Rising Stars – Developing Millennial Women as Leaders looks at what organisations can do to create the right environment for millennial women to flourish in the workplace.
- 6 March 2013 - Managing sustainability remains a challenge for ASEAN companies
Sustainability is an issue that can no longer be ignored for the ASEAN business community, but many companies are at different stages of understanding, according to a new PwC Malaysia survey and report on sustainability strategy.
- 16 January 2013 - Global economic centre of gravity shifts, but even emerging economies face growth challenges, says PwC report
The global financial crisis has accelerated the shift of the economic centre of gravity, with China, the US and India set to be the three major economies by 2050. But the emerging economies face major challenges in their bid to sustain their recent strong growth.
- 10 December 2012 - PwC Malaysia Senior Executive Director Ong Ai Lin recognised for promoting Business Continuity Management in Malaysia
Ong Ai Lin, PwC Malaysia Senior Executive Director, has been awarded the inaugural ‘Outstanding Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP)’ award for her contribution to the field of Business Continuity Management (BCM) in Malaysia.
- 4 December 2012 - PwC Malaysia is Top Graduate Employer of 2012
PwC Malaysia was named Malaysia's Top Graduate Employer of the Year 2012 and Top Graduate Employer in Accounting and Professional Services at the Malaysia's 100 Leading Graduate Employers Awards.
- 6 November 2012 - Compliance is the entire organisation's responsibility
Malaysian banks need to reconsider the scope of the compliance function, and to better communicate and integrate compliance risk management processes into the business, according to a new survey by PwC Malaysia and Institute of Bankers Malaysia (IBBM).
- 22 October 2012 - Kuala Lumpur is business friendly and affordable in Cities of Opportunity Study of Global Economic Leaders
Kuala Lumpur is ranked third in the world in low costs and 10th in ease of doing business in the 2012 rankings, according to Cities of Opportunity, a report by PwC and the Partnership for New York City. The study looks at how 27 centres of finance, commerce and culture stack up against one another.
- 5 September 2012 - Asia-Pacific region on track for greater economic integration
Asia-Pacific CEOs have billed Malaysia as a fast growing APEC economy although the potential for economic disruption globally has dampened their confidence for growth, according to a CEO survey by PwC for the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) CEO summit.
- 18 April 2012 - PwC announces new leadership for Malaysian firms
PwC announced the appointment of Mohammad Faiz Azmi as the new Executive Chairman and Sridharan Nair as Managing Partner for the Malaysian firm.
- 17 April 2012 - PwC hosts dialogue on talent against backdrop of global survey findings
PwC Malaysia hosted a dialogue around the key findings of its 15th Annual Global CEO Survey, themed ‘Making Talent Strategic’. The survey findings suggest that growing a sustainable talent pipeline from within needs to move up the agenda.
- 20 March 2012 - Threat of recession contains risk of further bank failures
The risk of another global recession and a renewed banking crisis is high, according to PwC’s Banking Banana Skins survey, which polled the responses of more than 700 bankers, banking regulators and industry observers in 58 countries.
- 25 January 2012 - CEOs say prospects gloomy for global economy
Our 15th Annual Global CEO Survey, “Delivering results: Growth and value in a volatile world”, explores CEO confidence in their company’s growth prospects, and how they’re building local capabilities and creating new stakeholder networks in new markets. Chin Kwai Fatt, PwC Malaysia managing director, shares his views.
- 19 January 2012 - Digital banking to be the norm by 2015
Digital banking is set to overtake branch networks as the main way customers interact with their bank by 2015, according to a new PwC report titled 'The new digital tipping point'. Soo Hoo Khoon Yean, PwC Malaysia partner, shares his views.
- 19 December 2011 - Cities and local governments face multiple challenges
A new PwC report titled 'Making it happen: A roadmap for cities and local public services achieving outcomes', which surveyed local government leaders around the world - including Penang - suggests how a city can make progress towards realising its vision.
- 30 November 2011 - PwC’s 2011 Global Economic Crime Survey finds economic crime in Malaysia continues to increase
PwC recently concluded its 6th Global Economic Crime Survey, conducted globally with 3,877 respondents, including Malaysia. We share some local key findings, based on responses from 93 Malaysian C-suite executives.
- 22 November 2011 - Malaysian CEOs bullish about financial services M&A prospects
A large majority of the 375 Asia-based senior executives that were interviewed for PwC's ‘Emerging Opportunities: Financial Services M&A in Asia 2011' report are extremely bullish about the prospects for M&A in their market.
- 6 November 2011 - Asia Pacific CEOs have strong confidence in growth
More than 50% of CEOs in the Asia-Pacific region are ‘very confident' of increased revenue for their companies over the next three to five years, according to a CEO survey by PwC for the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) CEO summit.
- 4 November 2011 - PwC Malaysia is Top Graduate Employer of the Year 2011
PwC Malaysia was named Malaysia’s Top Graduate Employer of the Year 2011 and the Top Graduate Employer in Consulting at the Malaysia’s 100 Leading Graduate Employers Awards.
- 5 October 2011 - A new collaborative Entertainment & Media industry emerges from the global recession
It’s the golden age of the empowered consumer, with the demand for digital experiences increasing and becoming the norm, according to the latest Global Entertainment & Media Outlook 2011-2015 from PwC.
- 20 July 2011 - PwC Malaysia now a GRI Certified Training Partner
PwC Malaysia and two other firms, PwC Thailand and PwC Indonesia, have been appointed Certified Training Partners by the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI). As a Certified Training Partner, these PwC firms are qualified to conduct training courses on effective sustainability reporting based on the GRI Reporting Framework.
- 6 July 2011 - Former IRB chief joins PwC
Former Inland Revenue Board (IRB) Chief Executive Officer and Director General Tan Sri Hasmah Abdullah has joined PwC as Tax Advisor, effective 1 July 2011. Tan Sri Hasmah, who took over the reins of the IRB in October 2006, retired in January this year after a 38-year tenure.
- 29 June 2011 - PwC Malaysia launches free iPhone and iPad apps
PwC Malaysia recently launched its free iPhone and iPad app on the Apple AppStore. It aims to give tech-savvy stakeholders on-the-go access to PwC Malaysia’s latest digital content.
- 7 June 2011 - Balanced cities perform best in 2011 study of finance capitals
According to a new report by PwC and the Partnership for New York City, the finance and business centres of the future may not be the traditional capitals of global dominance. Titled 'Cities of Opportunity', the report shows that in a more virtual and mobile world, holistic cities with balanced economies and strong quality of life offer an attractive alternative.
- 29 March 2011 - Malaysian PLCs recognised for outstanding CR practices
Winners of the StarBiz-ICR Malaysia Corporate Responsibility (CR) Awards 2010 were announced on 29 March, 2011. In its third year, the awards recognise and honour companies which demonstrate outstanding CR practices that go beyond community and philanthropic activities. PwC Malaysia was yet again a working partner for the awards.
- 3 March 2011 - CEOs must know what future they are preparing for
PwC Malaysia hosted a dialogue around the key findings of its 14th Annual Global CEO Survey. Themed ‘What future are you preparing for?’ the dialogue was moderated by PwC Malaysia Partner, Sridharan Nair. The two panellists for the dialogue were Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department and PEMANDU CEO, YB Senator Dato’ Sri Idris Jala and President of GE ASEAN, Stuart Dean.
- 26 January 2011 - CEOs in Asia Pacific confident of growth, talent tops agenda
For PwC's 14th Annual Global CEO Survey, 1,201 interviews were conducted in 69 countries during the last quarter of 2010. 54% of chief executives in the Asia Pacific region say they are “very confident" of growth in the next 12 months, compared to the global average of 48%.