Partner, PwC Tax Japan
International Tax Services
Certified Public Tax Accountant
Mr. Sasaki joined PwC Tax Japan with over 20 years of experience at the Taxation Bureau of the Ministry of Finance where he was responsible for a long-term and fundamental review of corporate tax .
At the Bureau of Taxation he was specifically involved with:
- Corporate Tax Reforms (1998 and after)
- Corporate Reorganization Taxation (2001)
- establishing a Consolidated Taxation System (2002), and
- creating a taxation system on corporate revival, improve taxation system on corporate law, review taxation system on investment trusts, and review taxation system on public-interest corporations.
Mr. Sasaki is a licensed Japanese certified public tax consultant. He is also an
- adjunct professor at the graduate school of Nagoya University of Commerce & Business,
- assistant chairman of investigative commission about international taxation in the Japan Tax Association, and a member of Society for Research on Corporate Tax.
Mr. Sasaki focuses on providing advice based on an advanced understanding of the tax codes and leveraging his past experience with the Bureau of Taxation. As the business environment has been crucial for all companies with globalization, management shifts to ROE focus and institutional system reforms. Therefore, he focuses on understanding the company’s future business structure in order to advise companies on the impacts of tax policies and laws on their business.
© 2004 - 2019 PwC. All rights reserved. PwC refers to the PwC network and/or one or more of its member firms, each of which is a separate legal entity. Please see www.pwc.com/structure for further details.