Making sound decisions, preparing business and strategic plans, defining priorities, interpreting data, evaluating alternatives or preparing prospective estimates—all of these actions are critical and require thorough research using the best data and analytical tools. Research can illuminate an issue, sharpen the focus on superior solutions and reveal compelling arguments for action.
How PwC can help you
From data gathering to reporting of findings, PwC Hospitality & Leisure specialists apply best practices developed through years of academic training and specialized hospitality experience to provide:
- Effective data gathering
- Accurate processing of data and information
- Application of statistical and econometric techniques
- Articulate and concise statement of findings, conclusions and implications for clients
Examples where our research professionals help clients, include:
- Consumer and property surveys to assist a global lodging company with a new brand-differentiation strategy
- Product pricing and identification of target market segments to plan a company's entry into new international markets using econometrics and conjoint analysis
- Identification of success attributes of hotel properties using multiple discriminant analyses to guide resource allocation toward investments that are most closely linked to profitability
- Econometric modeling and forecasting to craft a development plan for mid-market and upscale lodging products in the US
- Establishment surveys to measure the size of industries or industry segments in terms of revenues or demand potential and the economic impact on national and regional economies, such as PwC’s pioneering studies for the US spa, timeshare, cruise line and extended-stay hotel industries
- Original or innovative industry studies, including analysis of competitive dynamics among industry participants and identification of the most important drivers of industry performance in many sectors in the hospitality and leisure industry, such as lodging, food and beverage, leisure, travel, timeshare, gaming, spa, cruise line, golf, convention centers and conference centers
Making a difference
PwC Hospitality & Leisure specialists help clients improve their profitability, market share, strategic direction and visibility in the marketplace. We offer the benefit of industry specialists skilled in econometric and statistical techniques. Our team can design the appropriate analytical framework to answer critical research questions that will enhance and accelerate your decision-making processes.