Worldtrade Management Services
PwC’s Worldtrade Management Services (WMS) advises clients in every industry on customs and international trade regulatory issues. The international trade environment, with its varying trade rules, regulations and compliance requirements presents an exciting and challenging career opportunity that offers great cross-border exposure. We are looking for a Senior Person, at Director or Partner level, to lead and grow our team in Japan, based out of Tokyo.
- Managing and developing our team of dedicated customs and trade specialists
- Provide advice to existing clients on all their customs and trade related queries
- You will lead and deliver a wide range of projects for clients in conjunction with WMS teams elsewhere in the region and/or other specialist teams in PwC Japan. Client projects typically cover the following areas: Customs Valuation & Classification, Origin and Preferential Trade, Import/Export Compliance and Trade Strategy. You will deliver value in the areas of cost reduction, ensuring compliance and managing risks
- Develop and grow new relationships with strategic local, regional and global clients
- Identify new business opportunities, innovative solutions or service offerings
- Define strategies to develop and refine service offerings, revenue opportunities and the resources required to deliver those services
- Management responsibility for the Japan WMS business.
- At least 10 years of related customs and trade professional experience with over 5 years’ experience in a consulting firm or equivalent position in a mid to large scale organisation, managing multiple projects simultaneously
- A proven track record of successful client engagements with definable contributions to business. Strong supply chain / logistics experience is a plus
- Excellent consultative, customer–facing and relationship building skills at senior executive levels
- Strong project management skills with ability to lead and grow people and deliver results through efficient and effective delegation
- Demonstrated problem solving, analysis and resolution at strategic and functional levels
- “Take-charge”, positive attitude with leadership skills
- Japanese language ability is a definite plus.
Interested and qualified applicants with the relevant experience, please write in with your updated resume inclusive of information on your current and expected salary and earliest available date, together with copies of all academic and professional transcripts (Win-Zip) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the reference code and title of position applied for. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.