What we can offer you
Our people make us stand out. They are our biggest business asset. It’s a two-way deal; what our people put into PwC, they get back in kind. We recruit the very best and invest in them. We also want you to be sure we’re the right choice for you. The professional journey you can expect when you join us covers:
- Professional qualification - passing your ICAEW ACA professional exams is important for your career success.
- Exam success - we have exceptionally strong record of success in professional exams at PwC.
- Coaching - providing you with the support, guidance and advice you need.
- Feedback - constant feedback to build your strengths and tackle areas for your development.
- Secondment opportunities - you may have the chance to work in one of our may PwC offices around the world.
What work will I do?
You’ll have hands-on work straightaway. It’s investigative work that often involves one-to-one meetings with financial controllers and finance directors, and you’ll need to be tenacious and resilient to do it well. And as finance is at the centre of every organisation, you'll learn constantly about how different businesses operate. You'll be looking through records and also help to put together reports on the controls and systems you have seen at our clients covering a wide range of industries and audit areas including customers, suppliers and bank statement reconciliations. If you’re an individual with intellectual agility, drive and resilience, you will most likely excel in our business.
The more experience you get, the more responsibility you’ll take on – from planning and carrying out your own audits as well as for coaching junior colleagues.
What will I gain?
Not only do you study for an internationally respected business qualification, you also get plenty of variety and excellent development opportunities throughout your career. You'll quickly develop excellent communication, project management, business awareness and coaching skills.
What skills do I need?
We want to hear from the most talented all-round students. We would like to hear from those that have outstanding academic achievements, gaining at least a Grade B at Maths and English at GCSE, a minimum of 120 UCAS points (excluding General Studies) or a minimum of 32 International Baccalaureate points, and on track to securing a 2:1 in any degree discipline.
But, there’s more to our people than academic excellence.
During the recruitment process, we will be looking for people who demonstrate:
- Flexibility - to handle changing priorities and workloads positively
- Courage and integrity - you are always up for a challenge and do the right thing by clients and colleagues
- Curiosity - to help you learn, share and innovate
- Team working skills - to take on your fair share and work with others to get results
- Commercial awareness - you are up to date with the latest business thinking and trends
- Great communication skills - to listen, persuade and put your point across