Fraud analytics

In PwC’s 2020 Global Economic Crime and Fraud Survey, almost half of the world’s global organizations said they’d been a victim of fraud and economic crime. However, only 56% of global organizations said they have conducted a general fraud or economic crime risk assessment in the past two years from when the survey was conducted. So, what about the other 44%?

Our survey identified that harnessing the power of technology remains as one of the important steps to detect and fight fraud. With data & analytics, PwC can perform more powerful and advanced suspicious and fraudulent transaction analytics by bringing together multiple processes for cross-functional testing.


How we can help

  • Identify gaps, efficiencies and effectiveness opportunities

  • Identify and assess existing and emerging fraud risks across channels, products and business processes

  • Evaluate the design of controls and identify gaps and deficiencies

  • Tune and optimize fraud models/rules

  • Develop fraud dashboards for trend analysis, model optimization, customer segmentation and data quality analysis

  • Perform targeted testing and analysis based on fraud risk criteria

Why are we qualified to help

The following selected citations represent engagements where we have helped clients address fraud-related risks by providing insights using data analytics:


PwC partnered with a global building materials company to identify fraudulent and suspicious transactions relating to their Order-to-Cash process. Working closely with Forensic team, we were able to quantify losses based on their sales invoice data amounting to PhP10M. The losses were comprised of uncollected receivables, excessive special rebates granted to customers, discounts provided to fictitious projects and the impact of other high risk OTC vulnerabilities.


A leading hospital in the Philippine engaged PwC to perform analytics over: inventory items logged in the system for unusual length of time, recorded inventory issuances that have potential unusual reversals, unusual inventory movements (purchase to issuance) and validated recognized potential irregularities in inventory records.


PwC assisted a holding company for audio and music products brand in a review and analysis of all disbursement transactions of the company and in profiling credit card transactions as to its nature and validity.


A pharmaceuticals company sought the assistance of PwC in identifying top partner stores in terms of volume of suspicious or outlier transactions as identified and agreed with management. A total of 3K instances, consisting of 20K+ suspicious transactions amounting to a total of PhP6.5M worth of discounts were flagged and traced to 1K+ partner stores.


Research and insights

Contact us

Maria Rosell S. Gomez

Maria Rosell S. Gomez

Risk Assurance Partner, PwC Philippines

Tel: +63 (2) 8845 2728

Angelie Mandid

Angelie Mandid

Risk Assurance Assistant Manager, PwC Philippines

Tel: +63 (2) 8845 2728

Follow PwC Philippines

Required fields are marked with an asterisk(*)

By submitting your email address, you acknowledge that you have read the Privacy Statement and that you consent to our processing data in accordance with the Privacy Statement (including international transfers). If you change your mind at any time about wishing to receive the information from us, you can send us an email message using the Contact Us page.