Nomination period includes submission of the nomination and feedback forms.
Nomination period: 21 January to 20 March 2020
Who can be nominated
- Must be a CPA and currently teaching accountancy subjects in a university or college at the time of nomination.
- With relevant teaching experience of at least three units and/or five months.
Who can nominate
- School dean/head
- Peer nomination
- Student nomination
How to nominate
- Online nomination form can be accessed at www.pwc.com/ph/nata-nomination starting 21 January 2020.
- Manual or printed nomination forms and the student feedback can be obtained at the PwC website (pwc.com/ph/nata) and should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Accomplish the Nomination form (until 20 March 2020)
- Short profile of the nominee:
- Designation and contact information
- Subjects taught
- Academic history
- Teaching/work experience
- Awards and recognition
- 300-word essay why the nominee deserves the award and should highlight:
- The ability of the teacher to inspire students from all backgrounds and abilities.
- Commands respect from colleagues, students, and parents.
- Teacher’s impact in the community beyond the classroom.
- Peer nomination, Student nomination and Self-nomination forms require a Recommendation letter from the school’s dean/head.
- PwC will regularly update the nominator of the required number of Feedback.
- Note: Submit one nomination form per nominee.
Please refer to the link below to access the online and offline nomination forms.
Feedback from peers and students
- PwC will generate a Feedback form for each nominee.
- The link to the Feedback form will be provided to the nominators, where peers and students can access the link and give their responses.
- Peers and students can only give feedback for their school nominees.
- A nominee requires at least three Peer Feedback responses and at least 20 Feedback responses from students in order to qualify for the shortlisting of nominees.
- Last day of collecting Feedback forms is until 27 March 2020.
Shortlisting of nominees
- The screening panel will commence on 30 March 2020.
- Five semi-finalists will chosen by the screening panel.
The semi-finalists shall be asked to write an an essay that touches on the following topics:
- The nominee’s personal teaching philosophy.
- The Issues facing education and what solution can be suggested.
- How they inspire students through innovative and effective practices.
- Creating an impact on the community beyond the classroom.
- How can you promote integrity among peers, students and community in the academe.
- The ability to inspire students from all backgrounds and abilities. Employing effective and innovative instructional practices that are replicable and scalable to influence the quality of education and/or addresses challenges of school, community or country.
- Well respected by colleagues, students, and parents.
- Impact in the community beyond the classroom that provides unique and distinguished models of excellence for the teaching profession and others.
- Teacher recognition from governments, national teaching organisations, head-teachers, colleagues, members of the wider community or pupils.
- Published works and research.
Submitted forms will undergo verification process by the screening committee. The nomination will be withdrawn if the nominee fails to receive the required number minimum Feedback forms and secure the school dean’s recommendation.
Note: Any nACPAE non-member nominee who advances to the final screening should secure nACPAE membership on or prior to the schedule of final screening interviews.
Final round panel interview
All semi-finalists will be invited to undergo the panel interview for the final round.
Panel of judges
The panel of judges to determine the 2020 National Accounting Teacher Award will be composed of representatives, Commission on Higher Education, nACPAE, Integrity Initiative Inc. and the Professional Regulatory Board of Accountancy.
Awarding of winners and prizes
The winners will be announced on 27 April 2020 during the nACPAE National Convention in Tacloban City.
- Grand winner: 2020 National Accounting Teacher Award
- Two runners-up
Trophies and cash prizes will be given to the winners. The awardees’ schools and nominators shall also receive special prizes (no special prize will be given to self-nominated winners).
- The 2020 National Accounting Teacher Award Grand Winner: PHP100,000
- Special prize for school: PHP75,000
- Special prize for nominator: PHP25,000
- The 2020 National Accounting Teacher Award Runner-up: PHP50,000
- Special prize for school: PHP35,000
- Special prize for nominator: PHP15,000