Our dedicated structuring experts advise on designing the optimal deal structure and how to effect transactions. The team provides solutions to support a broad range of transactions, including acquisitions, divestments, IPOs, PFI/PPP bids, group reorganisations, financial restructurings and strategic alliances.
The team starts by looking closely at the specific transaction objectives to be achieved. These are balanced with the relevant accounting, tax, regulatory and commercial considerations to provide you with the optimal deal structure.
You may be contemplating a particular transaction, such as:
- IPO (pre-IPO capital reorganisation, distributable reserves planning, method for achieving exit for current shareholders).
- PFI/PPP bid.
- Return of value/surplus cash.
- A demerger.
- Group reorganisation
Or you may be concerned to address specific issues, such as:
- Distributable reserves shortfall (eg due to impairment, pension deficit, consequence of accounting under IFRS).
- Improving the efficiency of your legal entity group structure.
How we can support you
- We provide rapid diagnosis of the transaction objective and principal issues that will ultimately determine the appropriate structure/route to be followed.
- We will present you with a number of alternative feasible routes for achieving your objective, taking into account accounting, tax, legal and shareholder considerations.
- This initial feasibility review will be followed by detailed analysis to confirm the preferred solution, and we will provide ongoing support through the implementation stage.