Cape Verde offers numerous investment opportunities, namely in the development and promotion of projects in the real estate tourism areas, in the implementation and management of hotels, renewable energies, infrastructure, civil construction, as well as with the supply of goods and services related to these or other activity sectors.
How can PwC help?
- Preparation of Establishment Conventions and negotiation with the Cape Verdean Government, with a view to obtaining tax benefits for the investment project.
- Implementation of structures intended to optimize the tax effectiveness of financing operations and the repatriation of profits.
- Implementation of appropriate methods to maximize VAT recovery on the projects.
- Optimization in terms of Real Estate Tax (IUP).
- Tax consequences in Cape Verde arising from the acquisition, possession and sale of real estate.
- Expatriate and local employee taxation in Cape Verde.
- Preparation of requests for binding tax information from the Tax Administration in Cape Verde so as to guarantee the treatment in respect of specific operations and transactions related to the project.
- Definition, structuring and implementation of solutions to increase the tax efficiency of operations and transactions.
- Preparation of tax claims and monitoring of said processes with the Tax Administration of Cape Verde.
- Review and preparation of corporate annual tax returns (Modelo 1B of the IRPC).
- Tax compliance services.
- Accounting services.