PwC's Tax Academy is a monthly knowledge and experience sharing forum on tax matters, designed to provide a platform for learning and exchange of ideas on practical tax issues. Each monthly session is facilitated by best-in-class subject matter experts.
Learning objectives of Tax Academy
- To give participants an insight into the perspective of the tax authorities
- To bridge the gap between the law and practice
- To give participants a hands on experience of the tax practice through exercises and case studies based on real life issues - which enables them build confidence in their tax skills
- To give participants an understanding of the application of tax to other industries, from experience sharing by other participants from diverse areas.
- To provide clarity on issues which were previously "grey" or unclear before training sessions.
- To expose participants to issues from legal, accounting and regulatory perspectives.
- To enlighten participants on recent tax developments, in order to keep them abreast of potential tax risks.
- To enlighten participants on tax risks associated with seemingly ordinary transactions.
- To assist companies deal with uncertain tax positions, relating to issues around financial reporting.
- To proffer and suggest possible solutions to general tax issues through the tax clinic which holds after every session.