CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Within the EU-funded project on Promoting Transparency and Accountability in Public Administration of North Macedonia, we are looking for qualified legal expert to support the Agency for Protection of the Right to Free Access to Public Information (APRFAPI) to implement the following tasks:
- Facilitate 2 online debates with information holders and information seekers and gather information on the challenges, weaknesses and feedback on the overall implementation of the Law on free access to public information;
- Analyse the roles, challenges, obligations (under the law) of the information holder officers and officials in the public sector in regards to their responsibilities/ obligations towards the law on free access to public information;
- Prepare a draft report on the implementation of the new Law on Free Access to Public Information, with recommendations;
- Facilitate 1 roundtable to present and discuss / verify the draft report’s findings and conclusions, with representatives from the information holders and information seekers;
- Finalise the analysis.
We aim to hire one Senior legal expert, meeting the following criteria:
General professional experience and skills:
- Higher education ideally in law, political science, or other relevant (MSc/MA will be an asset);
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the field relevant to this assignment;
- Very good communication, presentation and drafting skills;
- Very good command of written and spoken English.
Specific professional experience
- Excellent theoretical and practical knowledge of the right to free access to public information (FAPI);
- Proven experience with practical application of FAPI and / or preparation of primary and secondary legislation on FAPI;
- Proven experience in implementation / leading of trainings, workshops on FAPI.
The expert’s work will be implemented under the supervision of and in close cooperation with the Key Expert 2 on the Project, and the APRFAPI.
Qualified candidates are invited to send their CVs in EuropeAid format (example) and in English to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by 09 June 2022.