Our thoughts are with you and everyone impacted by the catastrophic flooding and damage of Hurricanes Harvey and Irma. We hope you, your family and friends are safe.
This is an especially difficult time, as organizations and their employees face numerous challenges and questions related to crisis management. Those challenges include how assistance can be provided to employees by the employers as well as fellow employees.
The organizations also have to consider how to document damages and losses, as well as manage insurance claims and recoveries. Completing core compliance activities such as tax filings and payments also may be problematic. In addition, some non-profit organizations may face challenges related to FEMA grants.
Understand your options, find answers to your questions, and access the latest tax related developments stemming from these recent disasters.
View the links below for specific IRS-related information for the hurricanes that have affected the United States, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands.
1. Latest IRS developments for victims of Hurricane Irma
2. Latest IRS developments for victims of Hurricane Harvey
3. Relief for victims of Hurricane Irma
4. Treatment of leave based donation payments
5. All of Georgia Now Eligible for Disaster Tax Relief
6. IRS Provides Limited Waiver of Fuel Penalty
US Energy Tax Leader
Tel: +1 (713) 356 5556
People and Organization
Tel: +1 (214) 999 1406
Tax Controversy and Regulatory Services
Tel: +1 (202) 346 5144