Cybersecurity & Privacy
- In the absence of standardized cybersecurity regulations, organizations need to develop cybersecurity strategies that includes effective governance, robust controls, maintenance of a dynamic lifecycle data inventory, and promotion of an organization-wide security and privacy mindset.
- Continuous evolution and adoption of new security technologies also helps organizations stay a step ahead of the next punch.
- With their ability to unlock hidden patterns and meanings within diverse data sets, data analytics are the key to understanding not only what is happening with an organization’s stakeholders and operations, but what might happen next.
- For businesses, analytics can facilitate continuous, full-population testing and real-time monitoring and surveillance to better satisfy regulatory demands.
- Launched in 2015 to improve relations between citizens and police, the White House’s Police Data Initiative brings together law enforcement, technologists, and researchers to identify ways in which data can be leveraged to increase departmental transparency, build community trust, and strengthen police accountability.