Disruption is the new normal, not only for business models, but for how people work and enable team member to collaborate. To survive ongoing disruption, it is imperative that organizations arm their employees with new digital skills and new ways of thinking.
To navigate disruption, achieve a better employee experience, and maximize productivity, companies must:
- Better understand its workforce
- Rethink change functions and how those change functions work
- Embrace the sharing economy and talent outside the organization
- Improve the digital IQ of the their workforce
- Adopt and align a mindset beyond IT
- Master digital labor and where to apply that digital labor for greatest benefit
- Focus on citizen-led innovation and digital upskilling.
- Offer multidimensional growth opportunities that are not just linear
- Encourage people to explore different skill sets and passion-points within the company
- Create a sense of purpose aligned to something bigger
When you connect your company’s purpose to what individuals do at work, they see connections between what they do and how their contributions make a difference to the company and to society.