With the PwC Valuation IQ research platform, PwC Value Consulting specialists provide an outside-in perspective on your business for the capital markets, and deliver custom analytics for a company level, inside-out perspective. Here’s how we do it:
- We identify how, when and where value creation is occurring based on analysis of capital returns, adjusted for GAAP to cash items. Analysis may be done at a consolidated level, or by division, geography, product, etc.
- We analyze total shareholder returns based on business performance metrics such as required and excess returns on capital, changes in invested capital, revenue and margin growth, as well as the capital market’s reaction to that performance.
- We deliver customized research that includes merger and acquisition trends, public trading trends, investment ownership, capital structure movement, industry trends.
Understanding the value impact
We work with you to apply a value lens to decision-making across your organization, bringing stakeholder value impacts into sharper focus, building stronger consensus, improving communication to help your business increase its returns on corporate and capital strategies. Explore the potential value impact across the following dimensions:
- Frame relevant value questions and craft solutions
- Value future state values under different strategic paths
- Value management optionality
- Improve investor communications
- Quantify hard to quantify benefits (e.g., value of a sustainability initiative)
- Apply advanced financial modeling
- Measuring management performance based on value creation
- Deploy capital and value projects more efficiently using Project Portfolio Optimization (PPO), a proprietary platform that uses state-of-the-art tools and methodologies.
- In an M&A or divestitures context, "value diligence" on third-party valuations (client or financial advisor) and independent development of value ranges for target business.
- Cost of capital and capital structure analysis
- Value impact of:
- Dividend policy
- Investor activism
- IPO strategy