To create a capital project management system that will rein in the systemic problems troubling a utility.
- Project budget and schedule overruns
- Lack of capital projects oversight
- Reshape poor organizational culture around project development
Create a new project management system that vets and monitors capital projects.
- Hold vision workshops with key stakeholders to craft vision of the future
- Develop capital project standards, guidelines, management team, and oversight processes
- Create centralized PMO to execute and oversee the large projects
Impact on client's business
- Increased accuracy in budgeting and scheduling from +/- 150% to +/- 20%
- Improved risk management and mitigation throughout project lifespan and visibility into likely time and cost outcome
- Established formal governance and oversight roles and created a culture of accountability