Our client wanted to obtain independent third-party assurance for a selection of key performance indicators in its first sustainability report (and subsequent reports) to demonstrate its leadership and commitment to sustainability:
- Part of a broader effort to increase transparency on sustainability goals and performance
- Gain market recognition as a leader in sustainability performance
- Provide accurate, credible and transparent information to its stakeholders
Through our “Path to assurance” approach, we provided independent third-party assurance on a selection of environmental, social and supply chain related key performance indicators:
- Assessed our client’s key performance indicators and appropriateness of assertions
- Conducted walkthroughs to map and evaluate current policies and controls
- Performed analytical and substantive testing procedures
- Provided review attestation report (limited assurance) using internationally recognized standards such as AICPA Attestation standards and ISAE 3000.
Impact on client’s business
In addition to our independent third-party assurance opinion on selected key performance indicators, our client was able to:
- Differentiate the company as an industry leader by verifying responses to included in external ESG questionnaire, for additional recognition.
- Leverage our management report, highlighting gaps, opportunities for improvement and best practices to develop a roadmap for going forward.
- Earn executives and board confidence in the accuracy and reliability of non-financial information reported externally.
- Give investors, suppliers, customers, and other market players information they can trust.