Complete a business transformation after a false start:
- Systems integrator failed to see the bigger business issue it was being engaged to help solve.
- Several issues such as financial data, global processes, tax, security, controls, and assurance had not been adequately addressed or supported.
Set a hard deadline and focus on all aspects of a cross-functional transformation:
- Established a program management office to identify critical milestones and deadlines.
- Drove functional design changes, testing, and user approval of the revamped application.
- Drove change management, targeted communications training, and requisite roles and responsibilities to improve financial reporting.
- Identified and helped mobilize an internal change agent network to help drive new behaviours and accelerate the overall organizational change.
Impact on client’s business
- Improved total cost of ownership, system architecture, procurement management and tax impact.
- Greater confidence in data; improved forecasting, planning and profitability.
- Time savings through automated activities, like leading practice global processes and journal entry.