Health & welfare benefits services
Your issue: Finding a sustainable strategy to optimize your health & welfare programs.
Today's health & welfare benefits programs are under significant scrutiny as employers respond to healthcare reform, escalating healthcare costs, regulatory pressures, and competitive benefit pressures.
These issues are compounded by the need for employers to:
- Improve the health and productivity of their workforce
- Measure and improve employee engagement and ROI in health management programs
- Implement value based strategies that lead to better health behaviors and higher value healthcare delivery
- Effectively bend the cost curve over time
In light of healthcare reform, unprecedented change in the healthcare delivery system and marketplace shifts with regard to benefit rewards and health strategy, employers need to reassess current strategies to maintain a competitive advantage. The challenge is to develop an approach that balances the need for benefits that meet the needs to attract and retain a high performing workforce, support a new shared covenant between the employer and employee and continuously enhance value to both the company and the employees.
The way forward
PwC's health & welfare benefits professionals provide a unique perspective on the changes impacting your business, your benefits and the healthcare delivery system. We can deliver a range of health & welfare services customized to your specific business needs and objectives. This will enable you to achieve better control over your health & welfare benefits programs and better alignment with your company's culture and strategy.
We can help you examine your health & welfare benefits strategy to improve plan design, employee health, vendor relationships, and plan performance. We will work with you to refine your health & welfare programs to best suit your company's employee population and overall human resource strategies to help you achieve sustainable cost reductions that meet your short and longer-term business needs.
Our health & welfare benefits services include:
- Healthcare strategy development
- Active and retiree health & welfare benefits plan design, funding, and taxation analyses
- Medical and prescription drug plan performance management and claims assessments
- Clinical program assessments
- Health and welfare compliance assessments
- Health program engagement and outcomes assessments, ROI measurement and redesign
- On-site clinic assessments and implementation
- Health reform modeling and related actuarial analysis
- Health plan financial reporting and data analysis
- Accounting and financial statement analysis and valuations
- Vendor selection assistance
- Administrative process analysis
- ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, PPACA and FLSA compliance services (in cooperation with legal counsel)
Value to your company
Health & welfare benefits are among the highest expenditures for most employers and these costs are continuing to increase over time at a rate significantly greater than other expenses. By leveraging PwC's specialized health & welfare benefits resources, we can help you and your company develop health & welfare programs that can:
Please contact us to discuss how we can work together to achieve your health & welfare program goals.
- Improve employee health and employee engagement
- Increase benefit plan and vendor value and performance
- Understand and manage financial and compliance risks
- Enhance your total rewards strategy
- Create cash saving opportunities and better manage the costs associated with these programs over time