Improving the effectiveness, and reducing the cost of compliance programs
- Compare corporate, AML, Fair Lending, and other compliance programs and processes to regulatory requirements and expectations and industry practices, and offer recommendations for improvement
- Design enterprise-wide compliance risk management frameworks and develop written compliance program/policy documents consistent with management objectives and regulatory requirements
- Develop compliance risk management processes using a proven, integrated approach to regulatory compliance program management with a focus on creating effective, low-cost, and sustainable compliance programs and processes
- Rationalize existing compliance activities across multiple entities and businesses to create sustainable and low-cost programs
Design and implementation of compliance process
- Advise on the design and implementation of compliance program elements/processes:
- Governance and organizational structures
- Regulatory inventories and change management processesCompliance risk assessment processes
- Compliance policies and proceduresCompliance training programs and processes
- Compliance and AML monitoring and testing programs
- Statistically-based fair lending monitoring systems
- Automated customer due diligence processes
- Board and executive management reporting processes
- Leverage technology solutions to enhance the integration and effectiveness, and reduce the costs, of compliance program processes
- Operationalize compliance through integration into core business processes
Regulatory readiness reviews
Conduct bank and bank holding company regulatory readiness compliance reviews to assist institutions in their preparation for regulatory examinations/inspections by identifying potential regulatory gaps and providing specific actionable recommendations to address these gaps.
Risk and control assessments
Evaluate design and operating effectiveness of compliance risk and control processes including those relating to Privacy, AML, Fair Lending, CRA, HMDA, Affiliate Transactions, Regulation O, Regulation Y, Regulation K, Consumer Credit and Deposit requirements, and other applicable compliance requirements.
Internal audit compliance support
Assist institutions with the design and execution of AML, corporate compliance program, and other compliance-related internal audits.
Compliance due diligence support
Perform compliance due diligence reviews to assist institutions with the identification and dimensioning of compliance risks associated with mergers or acquisitions.
Assist Banks and bank holding companies with remediating compliance program and performance issues brising from examinations/inspections, including developing remedial action plans and performing historical transaction testing.
Compliance transaction testing
Perform transaction testing to determine an institution's adherence with applicable safety and soundness and consumer protection laws, regulations, and supervisory guidance.