New hedge accounting guidance is aimed at aligning accounting with risk management strategies and simplifying application. Learn more in our 4 minute video.
Is a discounted cash flow required for available for sale securities under the new financial instruments credit loss standard? Hear the discussion.
- For trade and other receivables, held-to-maturity debt securities, loans and other instruments, companies will be required to use the new current expected credit loss (CECL) approach that will generally result in earlier recognition of allowances for losses.
- For available-for-sale debt securities with unrealized losses, credit losses will be recognized as allowances rather than reductions in the amortized cost of the securities.
- Q1 2020 for calendar year-end public business entities that are SEC filers
- Q1 2021 for calendar year-end public business entities that are not SEC filers
- 2021 for calendar year-end nonpublic entities
Early application of the guidance is permitted in 2019 for calendar year-end entities.
© 2016 - Sat May 26 08:39:51 EDT 2018 PwC. All rights reserved. PwC refers to the US member firm or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates, and may sometimes refer to the PwC network. Each member firm is a separate legal entity. Please see www.pwc.com/structure for further details.