Lodging asset monitoring and asset management: Staying on target
Monitoring and managing hotels, conference centers, resorts and other lodging businesses require a particular base of knowledge and expertise that spans the arenas of management, marketing, payroll, energy, maintenance and capital. Accurate and timely information is essential to enhance the understanding and improve performance of the financial, operational, risk, value and physical status of hospitality assets. PwC's Hospitality & Leisure practice includes a group of specialists dedicated to providing lodging asset monitoring and asset management services to owners, financial institutions and institutional investors.
If this is your situation
- A borrower has defaulted on its loan and you have foreclosed on their offshore resort property.
- As an institutional investor, you have acquired a portfolio of hotels, widely spread across the country.
- Your management company ended its relationship with your property, leaving line-level employees and middle managers, but no senior level direction.
- You have started to feel pressure from investors as a result of deteriorating financial ratios.
How PwC can help you
Our professionals hold hospitality degrees from premier hospitality management schools. These credentials, coupled with extensive "hands-on" and advisory experiences, enable our specialists to provide guidance for the individual needs of an investor or owner. Our asset monitoring and asset management services include:
Additionally, PwC's proprietary executive asset management program evaluates and outlines critical signals for ownership action. Our report provides analytical feedback across a series of important hotel operating metrics and provides suggested recommendations for change.
We respect the need for confidentiality and offer professionalism, analytical ability, creativity and value-added management techniques. Our professionals' comprehensive approach to lodging asset monitoring and asset management – whether providing solutions to underperforming loan portfolios or enhancing the performance of profitable assets – can help you meet and exceed your performance goals.
- Financial and operational performance monitoring and control
- Daily operations oversight
- Property inspections
- Market position surveys
- Management and franchise contract negotiation
- Leasing and tenant relations
- Accounting and financial management reporting
- Marketing plan development and review
- Budget operating and capital development and review
- Ad valorem tax review
- Financing, refinancing and debt restructuring
- Capital improvements project management
- Renovation and expansion oversight
- Property acquisition/disposition services
- Analysis of management performance
- Risk analysis
- Sales productivity analysis (by person, by demand segment)
- Accounts payable/receivable aging analysis