To rebuild HR and deploy its resources wisely by:
- Cutting down on routine transactional work that was distracting staffers and executives.
- Focusing on consistency across HR departments in several global locations.
- Seeking ways to turn HR into a more impactful strategic advisor to company leaders.
Reconfigure the HR department by:
- Setting up a low-cost Shared Services Center to handle the bulk of the transactional work.
- Creating Centers of Excellence to perform strategic planning and introduce consistent leading practices.
- Building a Business Partner Organization to deliver strategic and aligned services globally.
Impact on client’s business
- The client found ways to consolidate up to 75 percent of HR’s transactional work.
- Client achieved $1.4 million in savings by cutting the cost of the transactional work, and has potential for an additional 20% savings through additional consolidations globally.
- HR leaders now have the bandwidth to become strategic business partners.